Summer Citrus Squares Recipe – Vegan and Gluten Free
Learn how to make your own cannabis edibles that are healthy, tasty and as potentate as you want them to be. It is easier than you think. This recipe for cannabis infused summer citrus squares is easy and delicious. Dr. Raw does all the math for you so you can find the perfect serving dose.
Gluten Free Crust:
113 grams (1 stick) vegan butter (Miyoko brand); melted
58 grams (¼ cup) organic granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
141 grams (1 cup) 1:1 replacement GF all purpose flour (Bob’s Red Mill is our fav)
3 grams salt
¾ cup fresh citrus juice – any combo of Orange, Lemon, Lime, Grapefruit, Pineapple
2 tsp citrus zest- Lemon, Lime or Orange
1 tsp Vanilla extract
330 grams (1.5 cups) granulated sugar
1 ¼ cups full fat coconut milk- (use all the thick white part and fill to the 1 ¼ cup line with the liquid)
56 grams (6 tablespoons) Organic Gluten Free Corn starch
Small pinch of Turmeric for color
Dr. Raw Tincture of choice: Focus, Balance or Relax
Organic Powdered Sugar for dusting
Cannabis Infused Summer Citrus Squares Directions:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line an 8 x 8 inch glass baking dish with parchment paper- leave some hanging over the edge for easy removal.
- Crust: Mix your melted vegan butter, vanilla, sugar and salt in a medium bowl. Add flour and mix until combined. Press dough evenly and firmly into your prepared pan.
- Bake crust for 18 minutes until it is set and the edges are lightly browned. Remove and set aside until the filling is completed.
- While the crust is baking, make the filling.
- In a medium pot over medium heat, place the Dr. Raw Tincture, citrus juice, citrus zest, coconut milk, cornstarch and turmeric. Whisk well to combine and stir constantly until it has thickened to the consistency of warm pudding. End temperature will be around 170 F- takes approximately 15 minutes.
- Pour over baked crust.
- Bake at 350 Fahrenheit for 16-17 minutes. It will be bubbly and just beginning to brown.
- Let cool at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Move to the refrigerator to cool for at least 2 hours- overnight is best before dusting with powdered sugar, cutting and serving.
- These will last in the refrigerator for about a week and freeze very well for longer storage! Wrap them in plastic wrap or a Tupperware container. Dust with powdered sugar when ready to serve.
Cannabis Infused Summer Citrus Squares
Tincture Dosing Tips- Summer Citrus Squares- 16 servings total
Choose your formula:
Focus 1:20 THC:CBD- non-psychoactive, calming, uplifting
Balance 1:1 THC:CBD- mildly psychoactive, vacation in a bottle
Relax 20:1 THC:CBD- high THC, psychoactive
Dr. Raw Tinctures:
250 mg and 500 mg tinctures = 10 mg per .6ml tincture
1000 mg tinctures= 10 mg per .3ml tincture
16 servings x mg per serving = mg needed for the batch
16 servings @ 31.25 mg each serving = 500 mg total
- 1 bottle of Relax 500 mg for high THC edibles
- 1 bottle Balance 500 mg for a more mild psychoactive effect, like you are relaxing with a cocktail on vacation.
- 1 bottle Focus 500 mg Tincture for a calming, anti anxiety and uplifting treat.
- ½ bottle of Relax 1000 mg Tincture (25 droppers filled to the .6ml line)
- ½ bottle Balance 1000 mg Tincture (25 droppers filled to the .6ml line)
- ½ bottle Focus 1000 mg Tincture (25 droppers filled to the .6ml line)
16 servings @ 10 mg each = 160 mg total
- Relax 500 mg or 250 mg Tincture- (16 droppers filled to the .6ml line)
- Balance 500 mg or 250 mg Tincture- (16 droppers filled to the .6ml line)
- Focus 500 mg or 250 mg Tincture- (16 droppers filled to the .6ml line)
16 servings @ 5 mg each = 80 mg total
- Relax 500 mg or 250 mg Tincture- (8 droppers filled to the .6ml line)
- Balance 500 mg or 250 mg Tincture- (8 droppers filled to the .6ml line)
- Focus 500 mg or 250 mg Tincture- (8 droppers filled to the .6ml line)